Saturday, March 14, 2009

Max Brenner

Since I was in the city for the AIAC13, I took the opportunity to catch up with a good friend of mine who recently transferred from RMIT to Monash. Ever since she told me about Maxx Brenner, I've been dying to try it out. So we decided to meet at Melb Central as there's an outlet.





It looks like a typical cafe, but instead of serving coffee, they serve chocolate. From chocolate blocks, truffles, beverages and desserts. My head was spinning just looking at the menu. Everything looked so good, I just didn't know which to order. I was actually quite full after the big lunch at the conference, so I decided on something small. On my friend's recommendation I settled on the Milky Max Cookies which was served in an old-fashioned milk bottle while she ordered the Chocolate Cinnamon Babka.

It is as good as it looked. Too bad I couldn't really enjoy it as I was still full. Anyway I definitely will go again to try more of their offereings. I bought a box of the dark chocolate eggs for Zade. He just loves them - and I do too. Yummy.






Later I stopped by Es Teller to get some dinner since I was too exhausted to cook. The nasi uduk tasted ok, nothing to shout about. What happened next was not too good. Zade vomitted when he's sleeping that nite and again the next day. He was also purging for a couple of days. I started vomitting the next day and continued for the next four days. It was just awful. This is my worst experience with food poisoning. However, to my surprise, Zade recovered much faster than I did. Anyway, I'm definitely staying away from Es Teller.

No comments:

Post a Comment