Sunday, March 15, 2009

Banana Cake

Zade and I eat bananas regularly. Sometimes I buy way too much and we don't eat them fast enough. This week I'm stuck with 3 ripe bananas. I'm not a big fan of banana cake so I've never tried to make one before. But I wasn't about to throw away the bananas since they are quite expensive. I went online in search of a a simple banana cake recipe. I found one with good reviews at bestrecipes.com.au. I gave it a try and added some walnuts and sultanas. It turned out lovely. Rich and moist. Banana cake is not too bad after all.

Ingredients
½ cup butter
2 eggs
3 small bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
50 mL milk
½ cup caster sugar
1½ cups self-raising flour

Method
1. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
2. Add eggs separately, beating well.
3. Mash bananas and add to mixture.
4. Dissolve soda in milk and add flour and milk alternately.
5. Bake in 2 greased tins or 1 large tin 180°C for 35 minutes or until cooked.



No comments:

Post a Comment