Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

I usually make butter pound cake. But once I had some cream cheese, so I went to look for a recipe online and found this at grouprecipes.com. This is a simple recipe that I've tried a few times. And each time in turned out great. It's really easy to make with only a few ingredients. One of my neighbour at Unimews gave me some bubur jagung today, so I thought it would be a nice gesture to give her some cake. Since I'm travelling tomorrow, I'm going to take some with me on the flight cause I'm sure the food is not going to be great. The cake taste as lovely as always, especially when it's fresh out of the oven.

Ingredients
125 g butter or margarine, softened.
125 g package cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp.vanilla
1 1/2 cups sifted self raising flour

Directions
1. Grease and flour a 10" tube pan or a 12-cup bundt pan.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
3. Beat butter and cream cheese together until well-blended.
4. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Blend in vanilla. Sift flour and salt together and blend into the creamed mixture.
7. Bake 1 hour 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1" from edge comes out clean.


Hot out of the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment