Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Life Continues in Melbourne

Zade and I have said goodbye to Danial numerous times, but last night was the first time Zade actually cried and called out for his Papa when he had to leave. It just broke my heart to see him that way and knowing that he's hurting but there's nothing that I could do about it. Sometimes I wonder if my decision to study far away from home is worth all the heartache.


Danial and Zade at the aiport


All together before departure

The journey back was quite uneventful which was fine by me. We were served nasi lemak which I thought was quite awful and roasted chicken which was surprisingly tasty. I would definitely suggest getting the international meal whenever flying Air Asia X. Zade and I both fell asleep after having our meal, with Zade only waking up about half an hour before landing. I was so relieved to finally get back to the apartment after the long journey, and I'm sure Zade was to as he took a five hours nap. Later that night Aileen and Keanne came over to say hi. Zade was jumping up and down when he heard their voices outside in the corridor. He was excited to see Keanne again and I was glad to see familiar faces.


Zade in the plane before take off


Zade slept all the way

This morning I dragged my feet out of bed and tried to get ready. I was sleepy and my body was aching. Zade also woke up quite late. Eventhough we're both still tired, I thought it would be best to get back to our routine here. I dropped Zade off at the Numdaji Kwei around 11 am, and to my surprise he didn't cry when I left. He must have missed all his friends and carers. Before I left Rose handed me an envelope with a big flower on it which was a Mother's Day gift for me. I felt really happy and a bit teary eyed when I looked inside the envelope. There was a bookmark with a poem entitled "What is a Mother?" and a little picture of Zade on it. It really made my day.


Mother's Day gift from Zade

I stopped by the market to get some groceries before making my way to the office. It was good to see all my friends and getting updates on the latest happennings. As I get back to running simulations and continue writing my paper which is due next week, I feel at ease. I love this part of life here. I get to do what I love without being distracted by paperwork, KPIs and office politics. And the friends that I have here are so mature, intelligent and always looking out for me eventhough they are much younger than I am. And I love having more time to take care of Zade and watching him grow. Being here with him far away from home has strengthen our bond. Maybe my life here isn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment