Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Request

I’m pretty much back into the routine of going to the office daily. Zade and Mama are settling in too. Finally, I'm able to see clearly the significance of my research project. Another one of my abstract has been accepted for a conference in Melbourne. When I opened my e-mail this morning, I got a note from the one of the editors of a technical magazine, asking a few questions about my research development as he wanted to feature my work in an upcoming issue. I was feeling good. Things are not that bad after all.

Then my sv came in to my office and pulled up a chair. I wonder if this is going to be another discussion about where I’m going with this research. I explained to him about what I wanted to do next with the controller of the actuator and the problems that I needed to address. After listening to my explanation he said that is where your PhD is – overcoming the hurdles and challenges with controlling the actuator. Pheww. I could finally breathe easy now.

Then he dropped a bombshell. He made a request that I can’t refuse. He told me to pursue it even with me giving tons of excuses. Now he’s sending me off on a wild goose chase. I sure wouldn’t be able to concentrate on my work with this hanging over my head. I’m predicting more sleepless nights ahead. Just when I thought that everything was going great!

No comments:

Post a Comment